If you find yourself looking through a crack or chip in your windshield or any other car window, it is time to schedule a car glass repair. There should not be anything obstructing your view. Professional car glass service technicians know that a pitted or cracked windshield, or any other cracked glass, creates a safety hazard on the road. Not only is your vision impaired, but the integrity of your vehicle is compromised.
When deciding where to go for a car glass service and repair, here are five things to consider:
- Is this a reputable installation facility? A reputable installer will:
- Allow you to choose which glass brand you want to use;
- Understand the importance of using an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) equivalent to protect you and the value of your car; and
- Be able to explain the critical performance specifications of your vehicle glass (such as Solar Optimization) and what it means.
- Are the performance specifications of the replacement glass equivalent to the original? Your car’s windshield and sidelites came off the dealership lot with specific performance characteristics. Some aftermarket replacement glass parts do not match these original specifications. Be sure that your replacement glass offers the same performance specifications of your original equipment for solar protection, noise cancellation and performance of added features like rain, light and/or condensation sensors.
- Does the replacement glass meet or exceed Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards? If the replacement glass meets these standards, it ensure that your windshield can resist breakage and penetration in a collision, helping to reduce injuries, fatalities, and the ejection of vehicle occupants during a crash.
- Can I choose a less expensive glass? Installing inferior replacement glass can create problems that may cost you more in the long run. Lower quality aftermarket glass will often be manufactured to lower tolerances, resulting in ill-fitting installations, leading to a number of potential problems like leaks, stress cracks and increased vulnerability to damage.
- How soon can I drive away? High quality adhesives are tested in extreme temperatures (hot and cold) to ensure proper bonding is in place. Be sure that the safe drive-away time for your installation is explained, as it varies depending both on the type and quality of glue as well as the number of airbags in your car.
If you notice a chip on your glass that would fit under a dollar bill, get a car glass repair as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the worse it will get!
For quality car glass repair, contact our certified technicians at American Auto Body or go online to http://americanautobody.us/ for more information. We will be pleased to take care of your vehicle and provide you with honest and professional car glass service. Our auto body shop serves vehicle owners in Las Vegas, NV, and surrounding communities.